Thursday, November 03, 2005

Billy Gonzalez






In Buenos Aires, in 1965/66, I used to animate "Commercials Series". That is, a three minutes animated series with commercials incorporated. It was called "Billy Gonzalez, Private Detective". They were only shown in Rosario, the second largest city in the country.
I animated it almost single-handed a minute a week. This is after storyboarding, designing it and doing the layouts. The scripts were so abysmal that nowadays they seem funny. I hated everything about it, it was a chore but I recently found an old 16mm print and thought that they were not so bad after all...Here are some stills. I'll post some more in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jorge Noujaim said...

These are great designs. post more..
your blog is realy inspirational for me.
I came over here almost every day.
abracos,
Jorge

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home