Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Beginnings




In one of my recent visits to Buenos Aires I met an old friend who gave me a 1961 catalogue of a festival of Argentinean animation. I found in it images of my first animated commercial. I designed and animated it in 1960 when I was only sixteen. It advertised a fun fair in a coastal town of Argentina. Sitting at the desk is my colleague Ricardo Boquete. The desk was mine and the drawings he handles too. There is on the desk a storyboard for an Eveready commercial I was working on at the time. I can't remember why I wasn't photographed instead of Ricardo...Probably because I looked a bit of a mess and the photographer didn't want me to ruin the studio's image.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt Jones said...

I visited Argentina earlier in the year, Buenos Aries is a wonderful city - hot & steamy. Passion runs thick in the air. Went to Necochea too for a friends wedding - Manuel Duboe - good graphic designer.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:53:00 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

I love, and loved it more when I was young, my native city (My son,who is a computer animator is having a sabathical of six months over there just now)
I know Manuel...Very good graphic artist!...The commercial I show here in this posting was to sell NECOCHEA!!!!!!
Small world.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:14:00 pm  
Blogger Matt Jones said...

Really? Hah! For those unfamiliar with Argentina Necochea is a seaside resort town several hundred kms outside of Buenos Aries. we travelled over night on a very comfortable coach to get there. I would never have visited this place if not for manuel & Therese's wedding. It was high summer & this pasty Welshman's body could not stand the 40 degree heat!! Argentina is a spectacular country.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 3:16:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for those unfamiliar with Mat Jones,
he' a twat

Monday, November 07, 2005 10:20:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home